If you’re running (or trying to run) Google Gears under Mac OS X and persistently receive this message:
A Google Gears update has been downloaded.
Please close all browser windows to complete the upgrade process.
– It’s a problem with locks that never get unlocked. I’m not sure how this happens, but it’s easily fixed:
- Open a Finder window
- Navigate to your temporary folder:
- Press Command-Shift-G
- Type in
- Navigate through folders to find the
-Tmp-folder. For me, this is located at
- Look for any files that look like
- Delete those files
- Start/Restart your web browser, and all should be fixed