“Elegant Grunge” is an unwashed yet crisp WordPress theme inspired by wefunction.com. It features:
- Layouts options
- Support for custom background and header
- Widget-ready footer
- Optional full-width page template that removes the sidebar
If you like Elegant Grunge, please consider buying one of my products.
Version 1.1 has been updated to the WordPress.com version.
This version no longer contains automatic image framing, or a photoblog template, so if you wish to continue using these features, please use version 1.0.3.
- Layout updates and fixes
- Fixed deprecated function calls and PHP errors
- Code cleanup to match WordPress theme style guide: spacing, syntax, comments, package description
- Added author comment highlighting
- Added support for empty post title and styles for all heading sizes
- Fixed bugs with theme options menus
- Simplified custom functions and removed unneeded theme options
- Remove custom header image support and use default WP header image functionality instead
- Added image.php template
- Added RTL language support
- Changed post timestamp to use the WordPress global date format
- Remove unused template files
- Implement WordPress 3.0 features: Custom Menu, comment_form()
- Added default WP style support: body_class(), post_class(), comment_class() and remove unneeded definition for EG_BODY_CLASS
- Removed unneeded function_exists() calls
- Simplified image display: no frames or photoblog page
- Nicer typography and updated grunge images for sticky posts, trackbacks, and new date format
- Styles for sticky posts
- Added newer/older single post navigation links
- Better class attributes to avoid collision with WP default classes (author, post, date, etc)
- Remove sidebar logic check in every template (once in sidebar.php instead)
Note: If you have problems with this theme, please post your question at the WordPress forums. Please don’t contact me directly, as I don’t have the resources to help you.
Many thanks to contributors!
Formal/polite German/Deutsch – by André Heil
Polish – by Grzegorz ‘ixcesal’ Lasecki
To use these language packs, you must download the WordPress language pack first, copy it into wp-content/languages, then edit wp-config.php and set the WPLANG value to the appropriate language abbreviation (eg ‘fr_FR’). Then unzip the Elegant Grunge language pack into the wp-content/themes/elegant-grunge folder, and you’re set.
Paul Kaiser has written a great article on how to add navigation menus to older WordPress themes, using Elegant Grunge as an example.