Latvian – by Journal

Tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink. Both comments and trackbacks are currently closed.

1. Posted February 17, 2009 at 5:02 am | Permalink

Markus has released a new version of the german translation: http://kleinhirn.hirnschmalz.at/2009/02/14/ubersetzung-fur-elegant-grunge-10/

• Posted February 17, 2009 at 4:13 pm | Permalink

Thanks, Martin – I’ll update the link here.

2. Posted February 18, 2009 at 11:40 pm | Permalink

Michael, your theme is amazing. I’ve been using it for my blog, mostly untouched. It is great seeing you further developing and fixing it. Keep up the great work!

3. Posted February 19, 2009 at 6:36 am | Permalink

thank you, this is perfect for my travel blog.

4. Posted February 20, 2009 at 3:08 am | Permalink

Isn’t a missing in the Links page template ?

• Posted February 20, 2009 at 3:10 am | Permalink

I wanted to say : isn’t a div id=”body” missing in the Links page template ?

5. Posted February 21, 2009 at 9:23 pm | Permalink

Dear Michael,

It's Trevor,another user of your elegant theme.No seriously it is elegant!:P Alright,I'm having a few problems here.If you check out my site,only two images show up under the photoblog 'feature'.However,even though I have another post with the tag,it doesn't show up in the sidebar.Why is this?

Cheers! Trevor

6. Posted February 21, 2009 at 10:04 pm | Permalink

Emm…sorry for the repost,just…if it helps,I've seen that there is no thumbnails being created in the elegant thumbnails folder,so I'm guessing there must be a problem either in the php files,or perhaps generally something else…

• Posted February 22, 2009 at 7:00 pm | Permalink

Michael….I've kinda fixed the problem,but I can't understand why the photoblog feature takes only one and the first image from the post with the tag.

In one of my posts,I have around 5 images in which photoblog reads only the first image. Could you please help me in this regard.

Cheers! Trevor

7. Jack
    Posted February 25, 2009 at 11:00 pm | Permalink

Hi michael! I'm installing your theme in a wordpress, but I'm having a trouble. I cannot understand what's that black line under the top header… I'm getting mad and cannot solve! <a href="http://www.rollingwatermelon.net/migrazione/">check here and help me please!</a> i didnt change any css code ….. :( thank you!

• Posted March 5, 2009 at 6:34 pm | Permalink

Hi Jack,

I don't actually see a black line under the top header – <a href="http://imagebin.ca/view/WnXlMju.html">This is all I see</a>. Would you perhaps post a screenshot? (eg, using imagebin.ca)

I would appreciate if you could post your reply on the WordPress forums, where others will likely be able to help you

8. Jack
    Posted February 25, 2009 at 11:01 pm | Permalink

(sorry for the bad html, that's the link anyway)

9. Posted April 26, 2011 at 2:36 am | Permalink

Forgive me for the newb question. But with this theme that I have installed, I see the option for a ‘custom sidebar’… does that mean I can have a custom sidebar on certain pages, or just one global custom sidebar using widgets or something like that?

Thanks man for putting out an Awesome theme.

Sean

10. Posted May 5, 2011 at 3:57 am | Permalink

Elegant Grunge 1.0.3 no longer works with WordPress 3.1.2. Need to get 1.1

11. Posted May 15, 2011 at 10:37 am | Permalink

I want to update to wordpress 3.1.2, is it true that Elegant Grunge 1.0.3 doesn’t work with the newest wp version? I made a TON of changes to the style.css file and did not make it a child theme. But in the dashboard it doesn’t say that EG has an update available. So I’m kinda confused

Can I just replace 1.1 version style.css file with the 1.0.3 one I’ve edited, or is it completely different?

Not sure what to do here.

• Posted May 15, 2011 at 12:14 pm | Permalink

Hi Ashley,

I haven’t actually tested the theme under 3.1.2, and haven’t verified Xiao’s findings – I’m not actively supporting the theme at the moment due to other commitments. If would suggest trying it in a non-live environment, and if it doesn’t work properly, grab version 1.1 (..which won’t appear as an update as the WordPress folks rejected the submission, which is strange as I submitted exactly what they sent to me after adapting the theme for WordPress.com! I haven’t the time to address their comments, so it’ll have to remain here only, for the time being).

• Posted May 25, 2011 at 10:01 pm | Permalink

Hi!

Thanks for the reply. I tested it in wordpress 3.1.2 and it’s fine, but what’s weird is elegant grunge version 1.1 is all sorts of wonky. I don’t know why but it doesn’t seem to work, so I just kept the old version. My one wish, is that it supported wordpress menus. Is there some code I could throw in there to make that happen?? :)

Thank you thank you.

12. Posted May 19, 2011 at 4:22 pm | Permalink

style.css :

footer-wrap {

background: url(images/footer.png) repeat-x

change it to repeat-x or u’ll get a little bug with a high resolution

greets :)

13. ryan
    Posted May 29, 2011 at 8:46 am | Permalink

I’ve looked through all the available themes and yours was by far my favourite. Only problem for me is that photos come out so small. Is there any way to make them bigger, expand them to the width that youtube videos can get?

thanks!

ryan

14. C.H.M.
    Posted June 18, 2011 at 4:46 am | Permalink

Hi, I am trying to post an mp3 to Elegant Grunge blog. Is there anyway to do it? Thanks!

15. Posted June 18, 2011 at 6:39 am | Permalink

This is perfect for my personal blog! thanks for sahring..

16. Posted July 1, 2011 at 2:51 am | Permalink

Very-very good themes I like it Thank you mate :)

17. Posted July 5, 2011 at 11:01 pm | Permalink

Simply irresistible! :-)

18. Posted July 7, 2011 at 9:13 pm | Permalink

Thank you for your wonderful template available on WordPress. I love it.

19. Posted July 28, 2011 at 4:23 am | Permalink

This is a lovely theme. Nonetheless I can not manage to make it function in spanish. I do have a wp-content/languages/es-ES set of files, I have also set up WPLANG as es-ES and finally used the given files from above’s link placed in my wp-content/themes/elegant-grunge folder. I actually tried to place in the root theme folder, as an es-ES folder and also as a languages folder (the last two inside the theme folder). All of that to no avail :(

Am I making some blunder or is it an issue with the current versions? I am using wordpress 3.2.1 and tried to use elegant grunge 1.0.3. I would love to use this theme instead of the default one!

• Posted July 28, 2011 at 10:03 am | Permalink

Hey Luis – I’m afraid I’m not sure, off the top of my head. Try posting the question on the WP forums – I’m sure someone there will know.

• Posted July 28, 2011 at 7:09 pm | Permalink

Sure. Let’s see what they guys there have to say!

20. Posted August 19, 2011 at 7:09 am | Permalink

Hi is there a way to add a link to the header that points to another webpage (but is not a page in the current blog)? I want the link to have the same formatting as the other menu items that point to pages.

TIA

21. Posted August 25, 2011 at 3:31 pm | Permalink

Thanks for lending out Elephant Crunch for a while. Thanks for supporting a disabled satirist.

22. Posted September 21, 2011 at 7:12 am | Permalink

Is there automatic and legitimate copyright for the content on the site?

23. Posted October 29, 2011 at 4:39 pm | Permalink

24. Posted November 15, 2011 at 7:19 pm | Permalink

Hi Michael, Is this theme completely compatible with WordPress 3.2.1? Or does it require custom coding to make it work correctly. Thank you, Marie

• Posted November 16, 2011 at 3:58 pm | Permalink

I’m not 100% sure, Marie – I’m not really actively supporting the thing at the moment. Best bet is to give it a try and see what happens (But don’t hold me responsible if it explodes and/or eats your cat) ;-)

25. Posted November 20, 2011 at 11:46 pm | Permalink

I am using your theme for my wordpress.. wondering how I can customize the comment area? It seems everything from “Leave a Reply” down is set in stone and I don’t mind that, only when users go to share my post on fb (via sharethis) the share is pulling “You may use these HTML tags in your comment, etc.” I need to get rid of that it looks so bad, but I cannot customize comments area.. any help from you would be great thanks!

26. Posted December 5, 2011 at 6:17 am | Permalink

Hello I Just installed you theme, Wow! Elegant indeed! however, I am having an issue with loading a picture that fits correctly into the header area. I have uploaded multiple files to my media section and try linking it to the header section but the scale and framing of it is not correct. I would like to know how many pixels the photo should be in order to fit properly. I am not too fluent with code but am willing to dive in and try to figure out how to customize/ adapt to the header image specifications.

Thanks for your help, Mike Morahan freiomusic@freiomusic.com

27. Posted December 5, 2011 at 10:58 pm | Permalink

Awesome theme! Very clean, functional and well coded.

28. Antoinette
    Posted December 22, 2011 at 7:28 am | Permalink

Hi guys

I feel extremely stupid but I cannot find the ‘editor’ under themes, so I cannot find the functions.php. I love Elegant Grunge but I really don’t know what to do.

Please help!!!!!

29. mallika sreen
    Posted December 31, 2011 at 7:11 am | Permalink

hi!!

I use your elegant grunge theme and I would preface by saying that it is an excellent theme. Can you pls tell as to how to upload youtube videos using the theme. I have used the simple upload video option as well as a plugin one but the video is not displaying on my theme. Would appreciate if you can help.

Thanks.