Musician and Loopy user Gaspard Bonnefoy has just set out on an adventure around the world, live-looping with people from all around the planet. His first stop is Dubai, where he met up with sax player Daniel Contreras. Definitely a journey worth following! (Facebook, YouTube)Read More
This is the long awaited sequel to the tale of Audiobus’ development. I’m completing this article now, on the day we say an emotional farewell to our motorhome Nettle, who has today been sold to a new family in the UK. It seems like a fitting time to tie off some loose ends as we start the next chapter of our lives in our new home in Australia.
In Part 1 of this article, I wrote about the early stages of the technology which was to become Audiobus, our inter-app audio platform, now supported by over 500 great music apps. Part 1 ended just as Sebastian had one of his genius moments, which I obnoxiously left as a cliffhanger. So, onwards:
It was winter in the south of France, and I was buried in the best kind of work: A new project, and one that brought together a bunch of different interests into a challenging, exciting heap.
But first, it was time to move on and find a more satisfying place to spend the rest of the winter.Read More
Tomorrow, Monday December 10, my friend and partner-in-crime Sebastian Dittmann and I are launching a project over twelve months in the making: Audiobus. We’re very proud of what we’ve managed to do, and we both firmly believe that Audiobus is going to fundamentally alter the way people create music on the iPad and iPhone.
You can find out more about Audiobus itself at audiob.us, but I wanted to take a moment to breathe, look back, and explain why the hell I’ve been so quiet over the last year.Read More
Links for March 6th through March 16th:
- CSS Code Snippets : 15 Wicked Tricks Some useful CSS tricks; of particular interest: cross-platform min-height, a trick to clear floats (without needing a 'clearing' div), and page breaks
- 45+ New jQuery Techniques For Good User Experience Here are over 45 impressive jQuery plug-ins and techniques that have been recently created and that could make the development of your next website an easier and more interesting experience than the last.
- How to Create a Disk Image Installer for Apple Mac OS X
- Cocoa: Sidebar with Badges, Take 2 'Source list'-esque sidebar with support for badges
- soultravelers3 A family of three from Santa Cruz, California on an epic odyssey: open-ended, years long slow trip around the world as a family adventure, unschool, spiritual journey and lifestyle.